The Endoscopy Center of Greenwich Hospital has two state-of-the-art endoscopy suites equipped with the latest technology, including private preparation and recovery bays.
Common procedures include:
- Colonoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Upper intestinal endoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic)
- Endoscopic retrograde choledochoduodenoscopy (ERCP) and the removal of stones in the bile ducts
- Endoscopic ultrasound
Physicians affiliated with the Endoscopy Center of Greenwich Hospital also offer specialized procedures including:
- BRAVO pH Monitoring Test. This measures and records the pH in the esophagus to determine if a patient has gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). The test can also be done to determine the effectiveness of medications or surgical treatment for GERD.
- Radiofrequency Ablation for Barrett's Esophagus. This highly effective, nonsurgical treatment can remove precancerous lesions from large areas of the esophagus.