Bendheim Cancer Center
The Bendheim Cancer Center is an outpatient diagnostic facility that is part of Smilow Cancer Hospital's Greenwich Hospital Campus. The Center combines advanced technology with a nurturing environment to bring the highest standard of cancer care and support to patients and their families. Surgery, if necessary, is performed in the main hospital.
Other services include radiation therapy and chemotherapy infusion as well as other treatments. Experts in radiation therapy and medical oncology as well as specially trained nurses and counselors are available on an outpatient basis.
Resources at Bendheim Cancer Center
- The radiation oncology department offers state-of-the-art equipment, including the Novalis TX, one of the newest generations of linear accelerators.
- Medical oncology patients rest in reclining chairs equipped with individual televisions while they receive their chemotherapy infusion.
- Multiple physician offices and a laboratory provide quick results on blood tests.
- Patients at Bendheim Cancer Center have access to the specialists at the Sackler Center for Pain Management at Greenwich Hospital. Physicians can assess and develop customized plans for pain management as patients undergo all stages of treatment and recovery.
- Cancer research and clinical trials are available at the Bendheim Cancer Center through affiliations with Yale Cancer Center and the national clinical research groups, Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) and the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group (ACOSOG). These clinical trials provide qualified patients easy access to promising treatments.
- The Breast Center is located in the Bendheim Cancer Center, enabling women diagnosed with breast cancer to immediately access all available resources.
- A library offers free internet access and an American Cancer Society Resource Center. Trained volunteers can assist cancer patients and loved ones to research or obtain educational materials. Hours are Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Support services are available for cancer patients and caregivers.
Hours, Location & Parking
The Bendheim Cancer Center is located in the Sherman and Gloria H. Cohen Pavilion at 77 Lafayette Place, across the street from the main hospital.
Convenient parking is available, as well as lounges and a garden where family and friends may wait while patients undergo diagnostic testing or treatment.
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8 am - 5pm
Breast Center 203-863-3031
Medical Oncology 203-863-3700
Radiation Oncology 203-863-3773
Sackler Center for Pain Management 203-863-3579