Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital Pediatric Specialty Center at Greenwich Hospital is where healthcare professionals provide the best care possible to pediatric patients with acute and chronic endocrine and metabolic disorders.
Pediatric endocrinologists and a team of certified nurse practitioners, nurse educators, dietitians, social workers, and other caregivers, diagnose and treat diabetes, growth problems, obesity or other defects of the endocrine system.
Our pediatric endocrinology and diabetes service provides treatment for many diseases including:
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
- Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid disorders
- Obesity and weight management in children
- Lipid disorders, including hyperlipidemia and lipodystrophy
- Metabolic syndrome (Syndrome X)
- Metabolic bone disease
- Hormonal complications of cancer and cancer treatment
- General endocrine disorders: adrenal, including congenital adrenal hyperplasia, pituitary, neuroendocrine, growth and puberty, genetic disorders such as Turner syndrome, Prader-Willi syndrome, Klinefelter syndrome and disorders of sex differentiation
Pediatric endocrinology covers the care of children with a broad range of thyroid conditions. These conditions include congenital hypothyroidism, Graves' disease, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, thyroid nodules, MEN syndromes and thyroid cancer.