Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital Pediatric Specialty Center at Greenwich Hospital offers pediatric respiratory care for infants, children and young adults with both chronic and acute respiratory disorders.
Pediatric pulmonologists, and a multidisciplinary team of nurse specialists, physical therapists and social workers diagnose and provide respiratory care to children with numerous respiratory disorders including: asthma, pneumonia, other respiratory conditions, and sleep disorders.
Family-centered respiratory care is provided for pediatric patients through a variety of clinical services and programs, including:
- A dedicated asthma care center providing state-of-the-art evaluation, diagnosis, and management for patients with all degrees of asthma severity
- An asthma education program that focuses on identifying the early warning signs, measures to decrease triggers in the environment, individualized actions plans and review of medications
- Bronchoscopy, to evaluate and diagnose lung problems, assess blockages, obtain samples of tissue and/or fluid, and/or to help remove a foreign body
- A dedicated pediatric sleep center providing evaluation of cardiorespiratory and sleep disorders in infants, children and adolescents
- Pulmonary function testing including diffusion analysis and challenge tests