Awards & Achievements
As a premier healthcare facility, Greenwich Hospital has been recognized for clinical excellence, patient satisfaction, technological innovations, medical advancements and community involvement.
Here are some of our most recent awards and achievements:
- In 2017, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recognized Greenwich Hospital with a Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke GOLD PLUS Quality Achievement Award for applying the most up-to-date evidence-based treatment guidelines to improve patient care and outcomes.
- In 2017, Greenwich Hospital received the Women's Choice Award as one of America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics for the fourth year in a row.
- In 2017, Greenwich Hospital was named as one of America's Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery by the Women's Choice Award.
- In 2016, Greenwich Hospital received the prestigious Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), placing it among the approximately seven percent of the more than 5,600 hospitals nationwide — and one of only six in Connecticut — to achieve this distinguished honor. The Magnet Recognition Program® acknowledges health care organizations for their quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- In 2016, Greenwich Hospital is again one of only four hospitals in Connecticut to receive an A rating for patient safety by a blue ribbon panel of national safety experts for the Leapfrog Group, a national leader and advocate in hospital transparency.
- 2016 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals in Patient Safety, Obstetrics, Stroke, Cancer Care and Breast Centers.
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval in 2015 for spinal fusion and total hip and knee replacement surgery. Greenwich Hospital was the first hospital in Connecticut to receive this combined designation.
- Two 2015 Guardian of Excellence Awards for Inpatient and Outpatient services from Press Ganey Associates, the nation’s leader in patient experience measurement.
- Recognized annually by U.S. News and World Report as a Most Connected Hospital since 2012, making it part of an elite group of 158 national medical institutions recognized for clinical excellence and its use of digital technology such as electronic medical records.
- National Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognizes Yale New Haven Health member hospitals annually since 2015 for their commitment to equitable, inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) patients and their families
- “Most Wired” and “Most Wireless” designation by Hospital and Health Care Networks magazine since 1999.
- 2015 Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals in Patient Experience, Obstetrics, Stroke, Cancer Care and Breast Center. And 2014 for America’s Best Hospitals in Patient Experience, Obstetrics, Cancer Care and Breast Center.
- The American Heart Association and American Stroke Association’s quality achievement award implementing a higher standard of stroke care that meets national standards for excellence.
- Received “Stage 6” status from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, which recognizes hospitals that have a fully integrated electronic medical record to improve patient safety and quality of care. Greenwich Hospital was the first in Connecticut, and among only 25 percent of hospitals in the nation, to achieve Stage 6.
- 2014 Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award for Ambulatory Surgery
- The Press Ganey Summit Award, for five years in a row, 2006 – 2010, the highest national award for patient satisfaction.
- Greenwich Hospital meets all local, state and federal ordinances and requirements and is fully licensed as an acute care hospital.