Awards & Achievements
As a premier healthcare facility, Greenwich Hospital has been recognized for clinical excellence, patient satisfaction, technological innovations, medical advancements and community involvement.
Here are some of our most recent awards and achievements:
- In 2017, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recognized Greenwich Hospital with a Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke GOLD PLUS Quality Achievement Award for applying the most up-to-date evidence-based treatment guidelines to improve patient care and outcomes.
- In 2017, the Guardian of Excellence Award for outstanding patient experience in inpatient services was given to Greenwich Hospital for the second year in a row by Press Ganey Associates, the nation’s leader in patient experience measurement.
- In 2017, for the fourth consecutive year Greenwich Hospital received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Patient Experience, Cancer Care, Breast Center and Obstetrics.
- In 2017, Greenwich Hospital was named as one of America's Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery by the Women's Choice Award.
- In 2016, Greenwich Hospital received the prestigious Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), placing it among the approximately seven percent of the more than 5,600 hospitals nationwide — and one of only six in Connecticut — to achieve this distinguished honor. The Magnet Recognition Program® acknowledges health care organizations for their quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- In 2016, Greenwich Hospital was again one of only four hospitals in Connecticut to receive an A rating for patient safety by a blue ribbon panel of national safety experts for the Leapfrog Group, a national leader and advocate in hospital transparency.
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval awarded in 2015 for spinal fusion and total hip and knee replacement surgery. Greenwich Hospital was the first hospital in Connecticut to receive this combined designation.
- Recognized annually by U.S. News and World Report as a Most Connected Hospital since 2012, making it part of an elite group of 158 national medical institutions recognized for clinical excellence and its use of digital technology such as electronic medical records.
- National Human Rights Campaign Foundation recognized Yale New Haven Health member hospitals annually since 2015 as leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality for their commitment to equitable, inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) patients and their families.
- “Most Wired” and “Most Wireless” designation by Hospital and Health Care Networks magazine since 1999.
- Received “Stage 6” status from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, which recognizes hospitals that have a fully integrated electronic medical record to improve patient safety and quality of care. Greenwich Hospital was the first in Connecticut, and among only 25 percent of hospitals in the nation, to achieve Stage 6.
- Greenwich Hospital meets all local, state and federal ordinances and requirements and is fully licensed as an acute care hospital.