Awards & Achievements
As a premier healthcare facility, Greenwich Hospital has been recognized for clinical excellence, patient satisfaction, technological innovations, medical advancements and community involvement.
Here are some of our most recent awards and achievements:
- In 2020, for the seventh straight year, Greenwich Hospital was selected as one of America's Best Hospitals for Obstetrics.
- In 2020, Greenwich Hospital was named as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery for the fourth time.
- In 2020, for the seventh consecutive year, the Breast Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital’s Greenwich Hospital Campus was named one of America’s Best Breast Centers as well as one of America's Best Hospitals for Cancer Care.
- In 2020, for the third year, Greenwich Hospital was named one of America’s Best Stroke Centers.
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation has recognized all five Yale New Haven Health hospitals as “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders” in the 2019 Healthcare Equality Index.
- In 2019, for the sixth consecutive year, Greenwich Hospital received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals for Obstetrics.
- In 2019, for the sixth consecutive year, the Breast Center at Smilow Cancer Hospital's Greenwich Hospital Campus received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Breast Centers.
- In 2019, for the second consecutive year, Greenwich Hospital received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospital's for Bariatric Surgery.
- In 2018, The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association recognized Greenwich Hospital with a Get With The Guidelines® GOLD Resuscitation Award for applying the most up-to-date, evidence-based treatment guidelines to improve patient care and outcomes.
- In 2018, for the fifth consecutive year, Greenwich Hospital received the Women’s Choice Award as one of America’s Best Hospitals in Patient Experience, Breast Center and Obstetrics.
- In 2018, Greenwich Hospital was named as one of America's Best Hospitals for Bariatric Surgery by the Women's Choice Award for the second year in a row.
- In 2017, the Guardian of Excellence Award for outstanding patient experience in inpatient services was given to Greenwich Hospital for the second year in a row by Press Ganey Associates, the nation’s leader in patient experience measurement.
- In 2016, Greenwich Hospital received the prestigious Magnet designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), placing it among the approximately seven percent of the more than 5,600 hospitals nationwide — and one of only six in Connecticut — to achieve this distinguished honor. The Magnet Recognition Program® acknowledges health care organizations for their quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice.
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval was awarded in 2016 for spinal fusion and total hip and knee replacement surgery. Greenwich Hospital was the first hospital in Connecticut to receive this combined designation.
- The hospital has been recognized annually by U.S. News and World Report as a Most Connected Hospital since 2012, making it part of an elite group of 158 national medical institutions recognized for clinical excellence and its use of digital technology such as electronic medical records.
- National Human Rights Campaign Foundation has recognized Yale New Haven Health member hospitals annually since 2015 as leaders in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality for their commitment to equitable, inclusive care for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) patients and their families.
- “Most Wired” and “Most Wireless” designations have been awarded by Hospital and Health Care Networks magazine since 1999.
- The hospital received “Stage 6” status from the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, which recognizes hospitals that have a fully integrated electronic medical record to improve patient safety and quality of care. Greenwich Hospital was the first in Connecticut, and among only 25 percent of hospitals in the nation, to achieve Stage 6.
- Greenwich Hospital meets all local, state and federal ordinances and requirements and is fully licensed as an acute care hospital.
See Greenwich Hospital's credentials