Community Health at Greenwich Hospital
Greenwich Hospital is dedicated to providing quality, value-driven healthcare to all we serve, regardless of their ability to pay.
Our longstanding commitment to keeping our communities healthy is reflected in corporate social responsibility programs and services directed by Community Health at Greenwich Hospital.
As our community outreach arm, CH@GH offers a wide range of free health screenings, support groups and education to the public. Its strong partnerships with other community organizations benefit residents of all income levels.
Read our Community Outreach Report
Read our Community Health Assessment
Look for these Support Programs in our Calendar:
- Better Breathers Club: Co-sponsored by the American Lung Association, this program is open to anyone with breathing difficulties or lung disease, as well as those who just wish to learn more about breathing disorders.
- Cancer Counseling: An experienced psychotherapist offers counseling and stress management to help patients and families cope with cancer and its impact on their lives. Information on local support resources is also available, as well as educational programs.
- Chronic Pain Education Forum: Open to anyone who suffers chronic pain, regardless of cause. Healthcare professionals speak at every meeting.
- Lupus Support Group: Learn new ways to cope with this complicated illness. Share feelings, concerns and thoughts with people who understand. Family and friends are welcome.
- Parents Exchange: These parenting classes and support groups are divided according to the ages of the child, from infancy through high school. Facilitated by a child development specialist to help build confidence in parenting skills.
- Parkinson's Support Group: Education, support, exercise, social activities and discussion sessions for patients with Parkinson’s disease, their family and friends.
- Prostate Cancer Education Forum: Provides educational programs on prostate cancer and opportunities to meet supportive prostate cancer survivors.
- Stroke Education Forum: Whether you're at risk for a stroke, have a loved one who has suffered a stroke, or just want to know more, this monthly meeting will offer valuable information on stroke-related topics including nutrition and safety, emotional support and medication management. Facilitated by a healthcare professional.
Find many Community Health at Greenwich Hospital classes, events and support groups on our Calendar.
Screenings and Evaluations
- The Nurse Is In: Have your blood pressure checked and your health questions answered by an experienced registered nurse. Available five days a week in various locations in Greenwich and Westchester.
- Greenwich Hospital Lions Low Vision Center provides services to persons with low vision in Fairfield and Westchester counties. The Center helps those with moderate visual impairment to maximize their remaining vision and enhance quality of life. By appointment with a physician referral. For more information, call 203-863-3290.
- Cholesterol Screening and Health Fairs: Get a cholesterol screening at one of the many health fairs in which Community Health participates.
Other Community Health Programs
- Infant and Adult CPR classes: Learn this lifesaving technique for all ages. Participants are taught in accordance with standards of the American Heart Association.
- Medical Exploring Program: Introduces middle and high school students to the roles healthcare professionals play in various hospital departments. A second program, Body Guards, teaches elementary, middle and high school students about a wide range of health and fitness topics, including nutrition, first aid, proper hygiene and the dangers of alcohol, tobacco, drugs and inhalants. Sponsored with the Boy Scouts of America, Greenwich chapter.
- Smoke Stoppers: Smokers who want to quit can take advantage of the nationally-recognized smoking cessation program and a variety of program options. This program is taught by a clinical specialist at Greenwich Hospital. Four sessions. Includes Smoke Stoppers Kit.
- Speakers Bureau: Greenwich Hospital health experts are available to speak to corporate or private groups about a variety of topics such as Heart Attack Prevention and Alert, Women and Heart Disease, Stress Management, Dining Out the Healthy Way, Shopping Tips, Nutrition Labels and more. For a complete list of topics or to inquire about a speaker for a group, call 203-863-4444.
For more information about these programs, please call Community Health at Greenwich Hospital at 203-863-4444.