Diabetes & Endocrinology
Endocrinologists at Greenwich Hospital diagnose and treat disorders of metabolism and the endocrine glands, including the thyroid, pituitary, adrenal glands and pancreas. Our physicians and other specialized staff offer patients compassionate, personalized care to address a variety of conditions.
Conditions treated include:
- Adrenal insufficiency
- Cholesterol and lipid disorders
- Cushing’s disease and Cushing’s syndrome
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetes insipidus
- Obesity and Metabolic disorders
- Osteoporosis and other metabolic bone diseases
- Over- or under-production of hormones
- Pituitary tumors
- Thyroid diseases
Thyroid Disease. Our endocrinologists are expert at the diagnosis and treatment of thyroid conditions, including:
- Hashimoto's disease
- Grave’s disease
- Nodules and other anatomic abnormalities
- Thyroid problems in pregnancy
- Thyroid cancers
Diabetes. Our endocrinologists are specialized to diagnose and treat the following conditions, and they work as part of a team caring for patients who may be dealing with a wide range of complications resulting from diabetes.
- Diabetes from other causes (cystic fibrosis, pancreatitis, drugs, organ transplantation, etc.)
- Gestational diabetes
- Latent autoimmune diabetes of adults (LADA)
- Stress hyperglycemia
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
Osteoporosis/Other Metabolic Bone Diseases. Greenwich Hospital endocrinologists treat patients for hormone imbalances that can cause osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
- Bone disease in hyperparathyroidism
- Mineral and bone disorders in chronic kidney disease
- Osteoporosis of other causes
- Post-menopausal osteoporosis
Patient support services include coordinating tests, scheduling appointments, organizing admission procedures, making discharge arrangements and helping patients understand insurance benefits.
Learn more about Personal Guidance
Center for Behavioral and Nutritional Health
Living with chronic and complicated medical conditions, such as diabetes and other endocrine disorders, can be challenging. The Center for Behavioral and Nutritional Health's mission is the promotion of health and wellness, and the management and prevention of acute and chronic medical conditions through nutritional counseling, psychological services and diabetes education.
Learn more about the Center for Behavioral and Nutritional Health