Illness and the healing process require that we attend to the whole person – body, mind, emotions and spirit. To that end, the Department of Spiritual Care serves the spiritual needs of patients, their families and our staff through the ministry of staff chaplains. Chaplains and the patient’s own clergy are considered essential contributors to the interdisciplinary team. We also provide education to staff, spiritual care leaders in the community and the community at large.
Spiritual Care Staff
All of our chaplains are certified by one of the following agencies - The Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), The National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), or Neshama: The Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC).
Rev. Hilario Albert
Chaplain Sam Deibler
Fr. Mark D’Silva
Rev. Vincent Mobilio
Fr. Larry Naskar
Chaplain Lori Niehaus
Greenwich Hospital’s interfaith chapel and meditation room is always open for prayer, meditation and quiet time. We also offer religious, healing and memorial services.
- Mass is celebrated on Sunday and Tuesdays at noon.
- During Advent and Lent we also offer Mass on Thursdays at noon.
- Mass is also offered on days of obligation.
- Shabbat services are held on Fridays at 1 pm
- A healing service is conducted by our rabbi and Jewish Family Services every second Monday of the month at 12:15 pm
All services may be seen through hospital television on Channel 75
Memorial services and special events for staff are available upon request. Please contact the Director of Spiritual Care to inquire.
Clinical Pastoral Education
Greenwich Hospital provides training in pastoral care and counseling for clergy, seminarians, and qualified lay people through its Clinical Pastoral Education Program (CPE).
CPE enables the development of ministry skills in a clinical setting through interactions with patients, staff, peers and an Educator.
The program is for those who wish to:
- Enhance self-understanding and interpersonal relationships.
- Learn skills in caring for the sick and dying.
- Improve pastoral care skills.
- Understand group behavior.
Learn more about the CPE Program including how to apply