Patient and Guest Relations
We are available to assist you and your family and insure that your hospital experience is a positive one. As an ombudsman, or patient advocate, the Patient and Guest Relations director will respond to any concerns or problems you might have. The entire Patient and Guest Relations staff is dedicated to fulfilling your needs and acting as liaison to any other department or service within the hospital.
Special Needs and Requests
A sampling of services that can be arranged or facilitated by Patient and Guest Relations for in-hospital patients:
Special services for physically impaired patients
- Special needs services, including services for the hearing, visually or physically impaired. Sign language and oral interpreters, TTYs and other auxiliary aids and services are available free of charge to people who are deaf or hard of hearing. TTYs are available in the Admitting Office, 203-863-3321, or by calling the TTY number, 203-863-3839.
Foreign language interpretation and translation services for the non-English speaking patient
- Foreign language interpretation and the use of the hospital's "Cyraphones." This telephone service connects caregivers and patients to translators of more than 140 languages in less than three minutes. Cyraphones are located in the Emergency Department, Outpatient Center, on the inpatient floors and in the Admitting Lab.
- Advance Directives, Living Will
- Notary public
Area hotel accommodations and services
- Area hotel accommodations for patients and visitors. See Visitors.
- Premier Guest Services and amenities packages: Call 203-863-3191.
- Tender Beginnings Premier package of products and services for the new mother, father and baby.
For people in need of special transportation arrangements to Greenwich Hospital, see the Directions section of our web site.
Greenwich Hospital is committed to providing the highest quality of patient care. We know that no organization is perfect, and hospitals are no exception. We need to hear from those who use our services what we are doing right, and what needs improvement. Your feedback is very important to us. It helps us to make improvements as well as recognize staff for exceptional care. There are several ways you can share feedback with us. Have a non-urgent comment you wish to submit online? Your Feedback
While you are in the hospital, a patient representative will visit you. It is the role of the patient representative to bring your questions, concerns and compliments to the right person. Most concerns can be addressed and resolved immediately. To speak with a patient representative, call Patient and Guest Relations at 203-863-4746.
Our Patient Satisfaction Survey
A few days after your hospital stay or service, you may receive a patient satisfaction survey. We encourage you to take the opportunity to let us know your impressions of the care you received at Greenwich Hospital. More than 10,000 surveys are returned every year to Greenwich Hospital and every single survey is read and reviewed. Opportunities for improvement are identified and issues brought to our attention are corrected. Compliments are forwarded directly to the staff involved in your care. Wish to recognize an employee, volunteer or physician who provided exceptional care? See: Your Feedback
Vice President, Patient and Guest Relations
If you would like to speak with us directly, please call Patient and Guest Relations at 203-863-4746.
While you have the right to complain (verbally or in writing) to Greenwich Hospital directly, you also may address concerns and complaints to the Connecticut Department of Public Health, located at 410 Capital Avenue, MS12HSR, Hartford, CT 06134-0308, phone: 860-509-7400 and/or The Joint Commission, One Renaissance Blvd., Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181, phone: 630-792-5000.