Over 130 Yale lectures per year
- Twice-weekly specialty conferences
- Weekly Grand Rounds
- Monthly Tumor Board
- Daily Morning Report
- Daily ambulatory Care Conferences
- Weekly Mega Code Simulations
- Monthly Conferences including Geriatrics, Palliative Care, Spirituality in Medicine, EKGs, Morbidity/Mortality, Cardiac Catheterization, Journal Club and Procedure Lab
- Weekly Board Review & examinations
- Yearly ITE
- Quarterly Comprehensive Board Review examinations
Electives in all subspecialties are available at Greenwich Hospital and at Yale New Haven Hospital. Sixty percent of the PGY II and PGY III electives may be scheduled at Yale. A $500 per month travel stipend to Yale is provided. Funds are available for research. Electives also are available through the Yale International Health Program and in areas other than Internal Medicine as approved by the Program Director.
Electronic Medical Records
Both outpatient and inpatient medical records are fully computerized. Residents document histories and physical exams, progress notes and clinical resumes online.
Residents are expected to perform routine procedures on their patients (including arthrocenteses, paracenteses, lumbar punctures, thoracenteses and central line placement) under the supervision of attending physicians, senior residents and during simulation.
Evaluation and Feedback
Formal, written evaluations by teaching attendings each month. Periodic chart reviews and feedback from the Program Director. Continuous, informal evaluation and feedback from faculty and senior residents.
Medical students from Yale and New York Medical College and PA students from Quinnipiac College train at Greenwich Hospital.