- Over 130 Yale lectures per year
- 3-4 core noon conferences weekly
- Weekly grand rounds
- Monthly oncology grand rounds
- Morning Report
- Ambulatory Care Conferences
- Journal Club
- Mega Code Simulations
- Board review
- POCUS Rounds
- Monthly resident safety and quality councils
- Wellness Rounds
- Cardiology Rounds with post-call inpatient floor team Monday-Friday
- Professor’s Rounds with one inpatient floor team Tuesday-Thursday
- Monthly Conferences including Geriatrics, Palliative Care, EKG’s
- Morbidity/mortality, cardiac catheterization and procedure lab
- Quarterly ECG conference
Electives in all subspecialties are available at Greenwich Hospital and at Yale New Haven Hospital. A $500 per month travel stipend to Yale is provided. Funds are available for research. Electives also are available through the Yale Johnson & Johnson International Health Program and in areas other than Internal Medicine as approved by the Program Director.
Electronic Medical Records
Both outpatient and inpatient medical records are fully computerized EPIC with M*Modal dictation service available at all work stations. Residents document histories and physical exams, progress notes, clinical resumes and sign-outs online.
Resident are expected to perform procedures on their patients (including arthrocentesis, paracenteses, lumbar punctures, thoracenteses and central line placement) under the supervision of attending physicians, senior residents and during simulation.
Evaluation and Feedback
Formal, written evaluations by teaching attendings each month. Periodic chart reviews and feedback from the Program Director. Continuous, informal evaluation and feedback from faculty and senior residents.
Medical students from Yale and New York Medical College, PA students from Quinnipiac, Yale and Sacred Heart train at Greenwich Hospital.